After pre-rasterization shader stages, the following fixed-function operations are applied to vertices
of the resulting primitives:
- Flat shading (see Flat Shading).
- Primitive clipping, including client-defined half-spaces (see Primitive Clipping).
- Shader output attribute clipping (see Clipping Shader Outputs).
- Perspective division on clip coordinates (see Coordinate Transformations).
- Viewport mapping, including depth range scaling (see Controlling the Viewport).
- Front face determination for polygon primitives (see Basic Polygon Rasterization).
Next, rasterization is performed on primitives as described in chapter Rasterization.